Historical Buildings – Conservation – Planning & Architecture – Natural History – Public Amenities
- The restoration of the 18th century Dovecote in the grounds of Moseley Hall Hospital and the Ice House in Moseley Private Park
- The successful campaign to oppose road widening proposals at the cross-roads in Moseley, and opposition to the M40 link road
- Support for the establishment of two Conservation Areas in Moseley
- Production of a Moseley Shop Front Design Guide and a poster illustrating Moseley’s Architectural History
- Petition for new public toilets, and for recycling facilities
- Instigation of a ‘Moseley Action Plan’ in response to the closure of Tesco, resulting in improvements to Victoria Parade, the Car Park and the Village Green
- Support for the establishment of the Moseley Forum
- Formation of a Local History Society, with six publications now in print
- Support for the formation of the Moseley Community Development Trust.
- Successful campaign for a Birmingham Cty Council Special Policy for Moseley Village which established a presumption against the granting of any more licences to serve alcohol and against any extensions to opening hours fo licensed premises.
- Successful campaign in 2016, along with Moseley Forum and other Moseley community groups, to persuade the Local Government Boundary Commission for England to revise its proposals for the Birmingham Ward Boundary review so as to create a new larger two-councillor Moseley ward incorporating all areas which residents regard as belonging to Moseley.
For a full chronology of all the events which have influenced the Moseley Society, or which have been instigated by the Society, please click on: Moseley Society Chronology